Aesthetic dentistry is usually called for the any dental work which improves a persons teeth
and gum appearance.The aesthetic dentistry usually deals with the structure,color and
shape of the teeth and gums. These specifications of the teeth are important for your smile
enhancement. Smile enhancement is very important to your overall appearance as even the
smallest step can boost your confidence, self esteem and your need to smile more.
Aesthetic dentistry is evolved in a such a way that it ranges from a basic color correction to
replacing the missing teeth.
The common methods in aesthetic dentistry are follows.
- Bleaching : it is a common and popular chemical process used to whiten teeth. There
are a lot of use cases for the bleaching like whitening of teeth and cleaning of
stains.The usual reason for discoloration of the enamel are due to the cigarette
smoking, coffee and tea. Bleaching usually performed by your dentist in the office.
- Inlays/Outlays : this method is also known as indirect fillings, this method made from
porcelain or composite material are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a
filling to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage.
- Teeth whitening : this is the most common type of aesthetic dentistry where teeth are
whitened using the cosmetic dentistry procedure like bleaching.
- Dental implants : Dental implants are artificial tooth replacement which used to
replace the restructured teeth with the newly artificially synthesised tooth. Often this
method results not only in enhancement of smile but also a more youthful
- Dental veneers :Composite or porcelain laminates that are adversely bounded to the
tooth are corrected in this method to the enhancement of smile. Veneers are only
recommended if you have gaps in your teeth or if you need to whiten your teeth.
- Full mouth reconstruction : The most important procedure aesthetic dentistry is the
reconstruction of your teeth where your dentist discovered that there is a need to
correct your bite, muscles, teeth and bone structure. There are material available
today to make the full mouth reconstruction.