Brushing is the most important habit that you should teach your child. Brushing is not only improve
your childs smile but also improves your child oral health which would be an investment in his or her
dental health that will pay lifelong dividends.
Brushing is very important since the oral health begins with a clean teeth . By keeping the area where
your teeth meets gums clean can prevent gum disease and keeping the tooth surface clean can
prevent cavities in your childs tooth. Begin brushing your childs teeth when he or she is at the age of
two and consider these brushing basics from Dental Association
- Start encourage your child to brush his or her tooth twice a day. When you child brush
dont make him rush. Practice your child to take time to brush thoroughly.
- Give your child proper equipment. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush that fits your childs mouth
correctly. If it necessary give him or her an electric or battery-operated toothbrush which can
reduce plaque more than a normal brushing.
- Practice your child with good technique. The widely accepted format for brushing is holding
your toothbrush at a slight angle and aiming the bristles towards the meeting area of tooth and
gum. Encourage your child to brush outside,inside and chewing surface of his or her teeth , as
well as his or her tongue.
- Keep your childs equipment clean. Always encourage your child to rinse his or her
toothbrush with water after every brushing. Keep toothbrush away from cockroach and other
insects.Try to keep it away from other toothbrush to prevent cross-contamination.
- Keep replace brush when it is damaged. Keep change your Toothbrush at least once in a two
months- or sooner if bristle are frayed or become irregular.
- Keep make your child to brush his or her tongue regularly.