Oral hygiene is the practice of keeping the mouth and teeth clean to prevent dental
problems.Good oral hygiene results in a teeth which are white and healthy. Good oral hygiene
also results in a mouth that look and smell healthy. The results of the oral hygiene are follows
- Your teeth are clean and free of cavities and debris.
- You are gums are in good color(pink) and do not bleed when you brush or floss
- Apply a clean cotton over the bleeding for a fifteen minutes
- Good breath with a pleasant smell.
How can you practice good oral hygiene ?
Good oral hygiene is the key for keeping a bright, healthy smile with pleasant smell
throughout your life. It's important to take of the following measures to take care of your oral
health and having a confident smile with the white healthy tooth. Good oral and dental
practices can prevent tooth decay and cavities.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day.
- Try to do flossing daily.
- Make sure that your child under 12 drink fluoridated water or take fluoride
supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
- Rinsing with a flouride mouthrinse : if your dentist feel that you are having a high risk
of developing a cavity he or she may recommend you to use a mouth rinse with
- Eat a balanced diet : Some foods and drinks are bad for your teeth comparing to
others. Avoid food that get stuck in gaps and pits in your teeth like cookies and chips.
Avoid food with high sugar and starch. Eat foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables
which helps to increase saliva flow and thus help to wash away food particles.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Get professional tooth cleaning regula oral check up
which help you to prevent problems and spot them early.
- Consider dental sealant : Dental sealants are an efficient way to prevent cavities by
cementing in the gaps of tooth.